- Olaria Patalim (Patalim Pottery), at São Pedro do Corval: for only 5 € you can work with the clay and paint a plate. If you wish to come back on the next day, you can bring your own plates already baked. Talk to Nélia.
- Then go to Monsaraz and have a drink at the first café on the right side, with a wonderful view.
- For a tasty homemade lunch try the Lumumba. When the weather is good you may eat at the esplanade, with a fantastic view over the Alqueva lake.
- If you enjoy boats, you can do a boat trip through the Alqueva lake and have lunch at the Amieira Marina, with a wonderful view
At a maximum distance of 60 km are the most interesting towns and villages of the Central Alentejo: Montemor-o-Novo, Arraiolos, Evoramonte, Estremoz, Redondo, Borba, Vila Viçosa, Alandroal, Terena, Monsaraz, Portel e Viana do Alentejo. All of them have their own tourist information that should be consulted, but we have our own favourite spots!
- Pasteis de Toucinho, at Arraiolos: absolutely delicious, we can find them at the pastry near the fire department. Taste one and then go up to the castle on foot to waste some calories! The view is absolutely gorgeous. The Misericórdia Church is beautiful.
- Still in Arraiolos, for horse rides, contact Corali. She’s an excellent instructor.
- Visit Herdade da Amendoeira, where you can find out about cheese production and make your own cheese (minimum 6 for the work shop)
- Discover the Monte da Ravasqueira, taste the wines and visit the Coach Museum.
- Go to Igrejinha and visit the Herdade dos Coelheiros – Wine tourism.
- Head to Mora and visit the Fluviário de Mora.
- At the regional museum discover the work of art of Mr. Rolo, wonderful sculptures made of oleander wood.
- Visit the the sisters Flores’ store, with a lot of dolls made of clay and painted with beautiful colours.
- Head to Glória and stop by at the magnificent Nossa Senhora dos Mártires church.
- Visit the wine tourism at Monte Seis Reis.
- On Saturdays morning, you can’t miss the fruit and vegetable market.
- Walk through the village by the flowery street from the church till the castle. Look up and discover the gorgeous windows and balconies.
- Take a look at the cemetery, full of carved marble.
- Visit the Boa Nova de Terena Sanctuary.
- Go to Alandroal and have lunch at Maria.
- Continue north and walk through the wonderful streets of Vila Viçosa, the favourite place for the King D. Carlos and his court to rest, and visit the Palace, which is another treasure of Portugal.
VIANA DO ALENTEJO
- Go inside the Nossa Senhora de Aires Sanctuary and discover the votive room, at the right side. The Sanctuary looks closed but it’s open. The entrance is on the right hand side.
- Discover the beautiful Alvito Lake, pass by Albergaria de Fusos village and have a snack at the café.
- In Alvito ask to visit the Ermida de S. Sebastião, with its wonderful frescos (previous appointment at the tourism Office) and visit the beautiful Matriz church.
- In Viana do Alentejo discover the castle and the potteries and have a look at the typical café O Fava.
- Head to Lavre and visit the Monte Selvagem. The kids will love the tractor ride, the wild animals, the small farm where they can play with the animals, the slides and the tree houses;
- Visit the castle, with wonderful views.